Monday, June 9, 2025

Flash Backs




Running in high heels; ducking a problem because I didn’t want none.

Just before I peaked my speed enough to break a heel and a ankle you came to break my heart.


I smile when I think about it; eyes was pink about it cause why wasn’t that enough.

Youth will make you waste a love; love will make you waste some time.


He left me drunk; so drunk I stumbled into the knife.

The blade that killed love a thousand times; and I never got relief.


It was a flowering grief that I watered from me till my own heart was weak.

Like pleasurable poison, he kept killing me just to watch me die.


When inside; I was running in high heels wondering if it was the perfect time could I have fallen into safety.

I kept running into danger; falling into darkness because I couldn’t see beyond "What happened to you?"


To ask of me… they pushed me to monsters after they slit my throat.

I almost bled out ... I stitched with needle and sewed my skin. 


Trembling hands covered in blood; I crawled to the path.

I clawed through Hell’s Kitchen and swam through the Devils Stew.


All lost but me; flesh untouched and spirit renewed.

My prayers offerings of sacrifice; I have one vice but I succumb to no devices.


I burned my will; I sacrificed my desire.

I walk behind mage and the martyr; as student or daughter.


I serve the angels that are bound to earth.

I don’t fall for lovers they aren’t worth the hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment