Monday, September 7, 2026

Global Warming


There is calmness in the midst of a storm,
hear the silence as the clouds form.

Graceful is the dance of mist and breeze.
Fury of ice and flesh bound to freeze.

No cause for alarm let its fall begin.
No shock as sleeves whip in the wind.

No fear unless the water covers the knee.
I saw the tide rise yet I sailed through no sea. 

I saw no storm coming still I swam in the waves. 
I felt myself drowning yet the dead I did save. 

Clasping of  thunder, the roaring of the gulf.
Even the hardest of hearts no longer is tough.

Under the lightning, in darkness yet brave.
Swimming through canals that once were paved

Bury the wreckage, the builders be paid.
Collecting the bodies for an unmarked grave.

Rivers will find old reflections of glory.
In midst of the storm, the siren tells her story.

Seas hold oceans but nothing holds mine.
We watched our maiden drown 1000 times.

Hubris will humble the ego and mind.


No comments:

Post a Comment